About This Position
As a F2 Strategy Azure System Administrator you will support multiple Consulting teams in the implementation of wealth management technology projects for our clients. As a member of the F2 Strategy family, you will be part of a team-based approach that always puts the client at the center of what we do. You will work closely with client relationship leads, consultants, subject matter experts, and project managers to deliver an exceptional client experience.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for all aspects of F2 Strategy’s Clients’ Azure environments. You will manage and administer Azure Cloud Data Environments (non-prod and production). Monitor performance on all Azure Cloud Environments (CPU, disk space, etc.) to ensure smooth running of all environments and limit downtime on all environments. Configure environment for auto-scaling depending upon processing requirements, and support environments with OLAP access supporting heavy data processing. Research, identify and implementation of new Azure tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness. Monitor and report to management on actual and projected monthly costs and optimization of cost as well as Azure resources usage
You will also, manage and administer all aspects of cloud security, manage firewalls, VPNs, and remote access to servers, based on user roles and access requirements. Configure VMs, VNETs and periphery access with optimal Azure tools to secure data environment. Manage cloud-based FTP and other data/file sharing storage locations. Support and administer backups, restorations, and disaster recovery solutions. Support development / engineering team with prioritization and set up of SQL database with DDL/DML and table/schema design for optimal performance.
This is a fully remote position which may require occasional travel to client sites.
We Are Looking For:
The most important thing about F2 Strategy is that we have a passion for doing good with tech. You will share this passion and will help implement the F2 Strategy vision. You will also have a keen interest in expanding your knowledge of the industry, and mentoring others as part of a close team at a rapidly growing and dynamic company.
- Hands on experience with Azure Data Lake, SQL database, Data Factory, Data Pipelines, Data Lake Storage options, API integration with 3rd party external data sources
- Experience handling large, intensive, and critical data processing environments
- Proven success building and supporting physical versus cloud-based SQL databases and scalable solutions
- Experience implementing Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS on Azure, and advanced skills writing and executing SQL Query and data movement
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written with logical and problem-solving abilities
- A keen perspective on what a great client experience is
Bonus Points If You Also Have:
- At least three years working as an Azure system administrator
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools: Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI
- Experience migrating database applications from physical servers and VMs to Azure
- Design and implement Active Directory configurations
- Certificates in Azure Fundamentals, and/or Azure Data Engineering and Microsoft Trainings
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Designing elegant technical solutions
- Diving deep into the details
- Solving complex problems
- Being an active member of a remote team
About F2 Strategy
F2 Strategy, creator of Outsourced CTO (OCTO), is a WealthTech management consulting firm helping complex RIA, wealth, bank/trust and family office firms improve their technical capabilities to build exceptional client and advisor experiences. Led by former executives of a wide range of top-rated wealth firms and family offices, F2 Strategy combines their results-driven management strategy with industry-leading, proprietary research to create customized high-tech solutions.
A diverse, creative, and people-centric company, F2 Strategy believes the right technology has the power to support, elevate, and empower us all to reach the highest level of fulfillment. F2 Strategy was founded in 2016 in San Francisco, has 17 employees, and has advised on WealthTech strategy with firms managing over $1.6T in client assets.
Working at F2 Strategy
As a team member of F2 Strategy, you will have direct access to a powerful and diverse network of thought-leaders, professional development opportunities, and exposure to the most innovative companies and executives in the wealth management industry.
In your role at F2 Strategy, you will be part of a passionate team delivering excellence in an environment that delivers fulfillment, connection, and fun. At the heart of our mission are creative and passionate humans. We are problem-solvers and listeners. Strategists and doers. Friends and confidantes. Rooted in family values. And we have the privilege of building a team of people around the world to deliver upon this excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible work / life blend culture prioritizing employees’ wellness and time away from the office
- Work from anywhere that best suits your lifestyle
- Be part of an incredibly smart, diverse, mission-driven team
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Apply here.